My Review of the Mueller Spiral-Ultra Multi-Blade Spiralizer, 8 into 1 Spiral Slicer, Heavy Duty Salad Utensil, Vegetable Pasta Maker and Mandoline.
Eating healthy with the Mueller Spiral-Ultra Multi-Blade Spiralizer CAN BE FUN AND EASY!
Understanding the importance of eating healthy foods and its implications on our health and wellness can lead to you making healthier eating choices, including making fresh spiralized veggies!
Is this the year you have decided you want to eat healthier? Are you thinking of eating more plant-based foods? Have you heard of “zoodles”? I’ve decided to include more zoodles in my meal plans.
Zoodles are an alternative to rice and pasta. They are made by using a peeler or spiralizer to make long strips of veggie ‘noodles’ which resemble pasta and are called ‘zoodles’.
I have recently had to cut the carbs and go gluten free due to my arthritis. I find that eating gluten free helps me avoid the pain and stiffness in my hands and wrists.
There are two types of spiralizers: handheld and tabletop. Handheld spiralizers are great for small jobs like making noodles out of a single zucchini.
But, for larger jobs the tabletop spiralizers require less effort and can handle more of those larger jobs. I love my tabletop spiralizer as it is easier on my arthritic hands.
I had a small hand-held spiralizer that lasted several uses. I found it stressed my arthritic hands and caused them to swell. It was also not able to handle my needs to make larger amounts of zoodles… it broke… Sadly… sending me on my search TO FIND a tabletop model.
My search for a good spiralizer brought me to Amazon where I found the “Mueller Multi-blade Spiralizer.” It is an invaluable tool that I never thought I would feel that I couldn’t live without, but it has become my G0-TO tool for everyday cooking.
The Mueller Multi-blade Spiralizer got fantastic reviews on its website and on Amazon which helped me make the decision THAT THIS WAS THE ONE I Wanted to buy.
Although it is one of the most expensive “gadgets” that I own, it does a beautiful job of spiralizing veggies. I love that it will even do hard veggies like spaghetti squash! Unfortunately, it does take up a bit of space on your counter, but I can justify the space it uses by making large batches before I put it away AND I MUST SAY I DO FIND IT FUN TO USE!
My personal favorite things to prep are: zucchini, beets, squash and carrots. I have been making zoodles galore lately. For some reason they have become my favorite “GO-TO FOOD.” I love that you can spiral the zoodles and then stir-fry them in a bit of olive oil and garlic OR YOU CAN add your favorite homemade spaghetti sauce OR if you are in a pinch, a store bought healthy brand of sauce.
SPIRALIZING IS FASTER AND EASIER THAN MAKING RICE OR PASTA…Oh yah….and so much more fun! I love watching the spiralizer as it spins out the zoodles.
Spiralizing only takes a few seconds to prepare those ready-to-cook veggie or fruit zoodles. In just a few minutes, you can have ready-to-cook zoodles instead of pasta! —- Cooking healthy, delicious meals has never been easier!
How cool is it that you do not have to wait for water to boil! Spiralizing is easy to learn and can be used no matter what level of cook your are – beginner or advanced!
WHY DO I LIKE THE Mueller Multi-blade Spiralizer?
This is a perfect gadget for making any style zoodle for your dish of choice. THERE ARE FOUR BLADES, BUT with the 8 in 1 slicer, plus extra attachments – Grater, Mandoline, and Juicer – you have what feels like endless possibilities…..No matter what dish you’re thinking of making, you now have a noodle/zoodle shape for it!
When you “zoodle” …. Supper can be ready in 5 minutes or LESS!
Now try going through the drive through and making it home in 5 minutes. Bet it can’t be done!
Do you need a spiralizer?
Yes. you do! I believe the Mueller Multi-blade Spiralizer is the best kitchen gadget you can buy if you want to make zoodles. It will lead to a more exciting, creative cooking experience! You will have fun turning vegetables and fruits into zoodles, which can then be used to make healthy, delicious tasting meals.
I find half of the battle of healthy eating, is the amount of time it takes you to prepare your meals. The Mueller Multi-blade Spiralizer, takes the hassle out of slicing, dicing, and chopping. This gadget is your one step option to making zoodles. Making fruit and vegetable zoodles can take place in just minutes.
Let’s take a look at the Mueller Multi-blade Spiralizer.
- Four interchangeable stainless steel blades – works with both fruits and vegetables – spiral noodles, ribbons, chips, and more!
- Stronghold suction cup – no wobble prevent while you work!
- 4-cup container
- Mandolin vegetable holder and citrus juicer attachment
- Manual with assembly and usage instructions
- Evenly slices or finely grates
- Clean Up is a breeze
- All blades fit on board for storage
- No batteries required
- Dishwasher safe on the top shelf
- Faster and safer than a knife
- Lifetime warranty
- Lots of fun to use!
- A few people have mentioned the ‘waste’, but it is really just a tiny bit that I usually just throw in and cook with my ‘zoodles’.
USEFUL SPIRALIZING TIPS:
- The Mueller Multi-blade Spiralizer works best on a flat, non-porous surface such as, granite, quartz, glass. It even works on my wooden counter top.
- Cut veggies or fruits in half and then cut off the ends. Cuts should be fairly straight and about 2” in diameter. If your veggies are wider than 2” you will get longer and flatter noodles.
- To avoid half moon shapes make sure your veggies are centered and the ends of your veggies are cut flat.
- Vegetable need to be solid (no hollow centers).
- You can not spiralize juicy fruits like pineapples or oranges.
Would I recommend the Mueller Multi-blade spiralizer?
Yes! I totally recommend…
The Mueller Multi-blade Spiralizer is perfect for creating vegetable zoodles. For those of you looking for an alternative to gluten type noodles the Mueller Multi-blade Spiralizer makes a tasty, healthy alternative to regular pasta. When you use your Mueller Multi-blade Spiralizer you can make curly or spiral vegetables for your zoodles, salads, garnishes and more. You can even make spiral veggie chips!
Check out other people’s thoughts…..
A couple of people reported that they liked how sharp the blades are and that the base is stable. They liked that the spiralizer had a container instead of the cuttings going on the counter.
Most people like the vertical design and felt that the engineering was cool.
Some people liked that the Mueller Multi-blade Spiralizer is made in Austria not China.
Overall the Mueller Multi-blade Spiralizer got very good ratings on Amazon
I hope you are inspired to make ‘zoodles’ for you next meal. If you have found my review helpful, please share it with your family or friends or on social media.
JUST for you… Here’s My GO-TO Zoodle recipe – Perfect for using your Mueller Multi-blade Spiralizer!
- 2 medium to large zucchini
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 large cloves garlic , minced
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Cut zucchini in half and spiral in the Mueller Multi-blade Spiralizer Set aside zoodles.
- Heat large pan on medium-high heat. Melt butter, then add garlic. Cook garlic until fragrant and translucent. Don’t let the garlic burn.
- Add zoodles and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Zucchini noodles cook really fast. Don’t overcook the zucchini noodles or else they’ll become mush.
- Remove from the heat, add Parmesan cheese (optional) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Until next time,
P.S. Disclaimer: I do make a small commission on this item if you purchase it through my link here on my website. There is no added cost to you if you purchase on my site as the price is the same as on Amazon. If you like my review I appreciate you purchasing through my link as it helps support keeping my website up and running.